Melissa’s Olive Oil
1 red onion, chopped
500g beef mince
350g Melissa’s Pasta Sauce with Sundried Tomatoes
1 tin red kidney beans, rinsed in colander under water, until water runs clear
Melissa’s Salt and Pepper to taste
12 slices of white or brown sliced bread buttered on out side
6 eggs, poached
- Heat the saucepan with a little olive oil.
- Sauté the onions until soft.
- Add the mince and loosen with fork, then sauté until cooked.
- Add pasta sauce, cook for 5 minutes. Season to taste.
- Remove from heat, cool down slightly and add the beans and stir until combines.
- Place 6 bread slices butter side down on surface.
- Divide the mince between the 6 slices and flatten the mince slightly.
- To poach the eggs: Place enough water into a small pot with a table spoon of white vinegar. Heat water to boiling point and break the eggs one at a time into the pot. Poach 2 eggs at a time. Poach the eggs for about 3 minutes, they must be very soft. Remove from water with slotted spoon and cool slightly.
- Place one egg on top of the mince and top the egg with another slice of bread, butter side up.
- Open the jaffle iron and lace one sandwich into the iron. Close and cook over an open fire or gas top, turning continuously. Cook until it’s golden and toasted. Note: Continue with this process until all the sandwiches have been toasted.
- The idea is to have a soft runny egg in center of the toasted sandwich.