PREP TIME 10 MINUTES
COOKING TIME 2 HOURS
- 10 thick pork loin chops
- Season with Melissa’s Salt & Pepper
- Season with Melissa’s Everyday Rub
- 1 cup Melissa’s Red Wine Blend
- half cup Melissa’s Fynbos Honey
- half cup Melissa’s Turkish Fig Balsamic Reduction
- 250g Miss Figgy – Sundried Fig Bites
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 tablespoons Nomu Chicken Stock
- Season pork with salt, pepper, Melissa’s Everyday Rub and place in roasting dish.
- Place the fig bites in a large bowl, add hot water and stock to re-hydrate the figs. Stand for 30 minutes.
- Mix Melissa’s Red Wine, Fynbos Honey and Balsamic Reduction in a bowl and keep aside.
- Once the figs have re-hydrated, add fig liquid to the wine and honey mixture and pour this over the pork.
- Cover and roast in oven for 1 hour at 180°C.
- After one hour, baste pork chops with sauce and roast for a further 45-60 minutes until sauce is reduced and thick. Note: Pork should be sticky and a dark brown colour.
- Serve with rustic mash potatoes.
PREP TIME 5 MINUTES
COOKING TIME 40 MINUTES
- 1.5kg potatoes
- Pinch of salt
- hand full of chopped chives
- 125g cream cheese
- Melissa’s Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of Melissa’s Olive Oil
- Boil potatoes skin on in salted water until just tender.
- Once cooked dry, mash roughly with potato masher. Add chives, cream cheese, seasoning, olive oil and mix once more.
- Serve with the Pork Loin Chops.