Posted on December 27, 2017
How To Throw The Perfect New Year’s Eve Party
Whether you’re keeping it low-key and local or celebrating in style, here are our top tips for a beautiful New Years’ eve.
10. Think ahead and prep the food before the guests arrive. There’s nothing worse than being stuck in the kitchen while everyone else is having fun. Our tip: order from Melissa’s Home Catering two days in advance and let us do the work.
9. Our range of snacks and platters on our Catering Menu are perfect for parties. Alternatively, make your own snacks such as our Lemon, Lime & Chilli Olives, Dukkah Spiced Nuts or Goat’s Cheese Quesadillas.
8. Pre-select songs and create the perfect New Year’s playlist. 80’s theme anyone?
7. Stay safe and don’t let your guests drinks and drive. Pre-arrange taxis to get people home safely.
6. Don’t be too predictable when it comes to the drinks. Of course, you need that bottle of bubbly for when the clock strikes twelve but also try something new like The Botanist Cocktail or Melissa’s Pear Bubbly Cocktail.
5. Make it a dress-up. Themed New Year’s parties are always tons of fun!
4. Set up a dessert table filled with sweets & chocolates for guests to help themselves.
3. Look the part! Make sure you capture the moments on your camera. Set up a photo booth so everyone can join in the fun.
2. It’s going to be a long night. Guests might be getting a little hungry in the later hours. Plan to bring out some more snacks around 11 pm to keep them going.
1. Happy New Year! Crack open the bubbly and celebrate.Back to All Posts